My photo
I'm an observer and a maker. I'm interested in human behavior.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Much Inspiration and Aspirations ~ The 30 Freak-outs

This week has been so very strange for me indeed. My usual tendencies to be very discouraged and nervous took hold at the beginning of the week, but today looks to be a brighter one. Upon reflection and encouragement from the most unlikely of places I have decided to try to take on an endeavor of massive proportions.

I have decided that time is too precious to waste my life away sitting behind a desk and being someone's secretary for the rest of my life and instead go out and go forth with a business of my own... making and creating (and hopefully someone will be buying). Of course this is such a long process that it is almost daunting for me to think about it. My 32nd birthday rapidly approaches and perhaps I am experiencing what my dear friend Kim called the "30 freak-outs", but if so I am glad that they are upon me because that in combination with my desire to be the creative woman that I am and wanting to make a good life for my son are motivating me to take the fates into my own hands. I am lucky that I am surrounded by supportive and creative people who can help me through, even if it is just the moral encouragement to keep me going and keep my perspective in tact.

This week also saw me forming an installation group with a dear friend of mine James Seevers (see posting below for more information on him). We have confirmed a venue and in April will be putting up an installation in San Francisco with a sound-scape to match.

My paintings and drawings are coming along splendidly as well. I feel so happy and positive about them after having "artist-block" for literally 4 years. So I move forward... slow and steady.

No comments: